Thursday, January 22, 2009

Whole Foods Poetry





Another journey to Whole Foods. I thought about everyone shopping there and wondered what they were shopping for. Maybe just to stock up at home. Maybe an important dinner party or even a date. Food holds so much soul. I run into my best friend here a lot, as she and her boyfriend are always experimenting with new recipes and dabbing into different food cultures. Grocery stores (especially Whole Foods since its so extensive) always make me face a border. Going between being a busy career girl or a Susie Home Maker. Things I never think about when I'm at home. I get there and see all the different...ingredients...and my mind races and throbs with thoughts of turning my life around and being this Super Cook who always has something on the stove or in the oven. Soups and cobblers and roasts every Sunday. And how great that would be to be THAT together. But, the truth is, I buy the ingredients and they often rot in my fridge along with the dreams of me becoming that organized and I eat Ramen Noodles for lunch.


I hope I can remember the poem I wrote. I actually thought it was quite good for how fast I wrote it. I wrote it on the back of my grocery list. Crap! I can't remember it! Now I know to take a picture of my poems with my phone after I write them. Well, if someone found it and comes here, please let me know what it said!

No comments:

Post a Comment